The purpose of this assignment is to create an A-grade business proposal for your idea.
The business proposal should be delivered in 2 forms:
- a pitch deck & presentation in the second week of the summer school
- a written business plan (report), that:
- documents your idea using the BM Canvas. (Illustrate the idea on the canvas and describe each of the 9 elements in a short paragraph)
- planning approach and
- gives additional details, background information, facts & numbers on your idea, incl.: Market size, segmentation, go-to-market and revenue models.
When you prepare your proposal, make sure to address at least the following areas in sufficient detail:
- Problem you are solving
- Solution you use to solve it
- Market Size (total market, addressable market)
- Product / Service you provide
- Revenue model (Pricing type, tiers, etc.)
- Go-to-Market & Growth strategy (Initial push, growth phase)
- Competition (Direct competitors, Indirect competitors)
- Competitive Advantage (Short term, vs. sustainable)
- How much investment you ask for, why, and what you plan to do with the money
- BONUS Points: Describe how you would validate your business model with the least possible effort.
Before preparing the actual pitch deck, its a good idea to read through the following examples very carefully: